Saturday, July 20, 2013

Window

Hi everyone! I've been super busy this past week in anticipation of having new Pergo floors installed downstairs. Never realized how much breakable stuff I had to pack up so we could move furniture.


This is a card I did a while ago but never got around to posting. No stamping involved, just a lot of die cuts!

Window, window box and the fern are from Memory Box. Martha Stewart flower punch used for the flowers and also used the dotted scalloped border punch to make the curtains. Gingham designer paper is from My Minds Eye.

I ran a piece of red cardstock through the TH brick embossing folder and then used black soot distress ink to bring out the bricks. I'm not all that happy with them - I think it should be a bit darker. To make the window shine, I used a piece of acetate behind the die cut.

I'm off to put my downstairs back together and downsize on some furniture! If you want to see a photo of the floors, I uploaded one on Facebook. Thanks for stopping by!

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, I did not think of putting my curtains behind the window, I've got to try that!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be, Laurie! Love those window dies, don't you? Good luck with your flooring!

Tammy said...

I did see the photo of your floor and it beautiful and I'm sure you will love it! Cute card, love the checkered curtains!

Glittered Paws said...

Love your window and the brick embossing folder. i just got a window, shutter etc but just have not had time to play yet, now you have me excited to play with them. Love your new floor too.