Wednesday, May 22, 2013

FBW #241 - Butterfly

Hi everyone, since I'm on vacation this week I've had plenty of opportunities to be creative and participate in some sketch challenges.  This is for Flutter by Wednesday's sketch challenge this week. 



Butterfly is an old Stampin Up! stamp that I love to pull out periodically. I stamped it in Versafine then heat embossed withe clear embossing powder. I used Copic markers in Y13, Y17, Y35, Y38 and R17 to color it. Decided to do a bit of fussy cutting and then popped it up using foam tape. The green leaves in the back ground are done using Wild Wasabi ink and PTI's turning a new leaf stamp set.

Designer paper is Bazzill Swiss dots and lasting impressions. Kaisercraft yellow pearls added per the sketch.

Thanks for dropping by!

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Laurie, this might be my favorite EVER card by you! I totally am smitten by this one...would squeal out loud to find this in my mailbox! Glad you are enjoying your week...thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

The butterfly is absolutely beautiful, lovely card!

Danni said...

Oh wow!! This is just amazing!! What an awesome card!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Cathy said...

Hi Laurie, your butterfly is stunning! Love your bg and layers too, beautiful card :) Cathy x

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and the coloring of the butterfly is perfect. thanks for fluttering with us.

Jenée said...

Beautiful butterfly! You've done a lovely job using our sketch this week. Your card is lovely. thank you for joining us this week at Flutter by Wednesday.