Sunday, January 15, 2012

Birthday flower

Hey everyone! It's been snowing here in the Pacific Northwest for the last day and a half. Which means that I've had time to play in the studio!

This was inspired by a picture in my bathroom that had a shadow behind the main flower. So, I decided to see if I could create a very subtle shadow effect for this one. Stamp is from Paper Inspirations and stamped in Studio G light yellow chalk ink. Flower is from Memory Box and the sentiment is from Papertrey, Ink.

Added some tiny pearls for the center of the flowers. The little leaves were painstaking colored with a Copic marker. The yellow ribbon was a lucky find in my ribbon stash that worked really good with the ink I used for the shadow. Green designer paper is from Hot Off The Press.

I thought I'd also share with you a picture of Noah playing in the snow this morning. He's a year old today!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Laurie! I like the shadow behind the image. Your card is CAS, but very elegantly so! Thanks for sharing!!!

Tammy said...

Sweet Noah! Hope you made him a special birthday card just for him, one that is edible! Love today's card!