Tuesday, May 18, 2010

TDS Wednesday Sketch Challenge

Hello all! It's hump day and that means another TDS sketch challenge.

Here's my take on it!

I think I need to break out of my green color mode here! But at least this one has some brown and black in it! The Owl is from The Digi Shack and the sentiment is from Victorine Originals. The brown back ground panel is made with a paper bag and some vintage photo distress ink. I crumbled up the paper bag and then swiped the distress ink over it, spritzed it with water and let it run/soak up a bit. Then I hit it with my heat gun.

The Owl is colored with Copic Markers and I also dabbed on a bit of rubbing alcohol to his wings to resemble feathers - not sure if I like the effect or not. Added some yellow self adhesive pearls for his eyes and three small gold studs on the left hand side as was called out in the sketch below.

The cuttlebug leaf embossing folder was used on the green cardstock (Bazzill) and I used the cornice edge punch (MS) to make the tag.

Thanks for stopping by and drop in to The Digi Shack see what the other DT members did with this sketch!


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your owl is so cute and your card is so cute! I love your sentiment!! Great Job on the sketch!!

Hugs~
Ramona

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love your card an there's nothing wrong with green! lol!

Lelia Pierce said...

Love it, Laurie! Great job using the paper bag! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Tammy said...

Too cute!! I love the embossed background and what fabulous colors!! Your sentiment is just darling!!

stuffie said...

love it Laurie!! The coloring on the owl is fab! Love the colors you chose

JazzyH said...

Great job!

Amy said...

I love this. The eyes are awesome!!

Bridgett Owens said...

I like the textured background on the green layer. The sketch is fantastic and your owl is super cute.

Christy Dillman said...

Super cute and love your sentiment!

Hugs,
Christy

Julie Robinson said...

great card! love the eyes on that owl!

Marlene said...

It's adorable...and I do like the effect on the wings!