Saturday, July 12, 2008

Gina K Sketch

Have you seen the sketch over on Gina K's blog? She's going to randomly pick someone to win a cool prize, however you have to use her stamps. Well, you know that I'm hooked on the Botanical dreams set, so I thought I'd whip up a card using her sketch and post it over at SCS and here.


The flower is stamped with Palette Noir and colored with Rose Red (R85) Copic marker. I decided to take the time to cut out the flower - it's actually pretty easy to do, just time consuming. The oval was cut out using my coluzzle - it think it might be time to invest in some oval nestabilities! I used acrylic paint and a tooth brush to splatter paint onto the oval, let dry and popped up the flower. I really like how this turned out! Thanks for the challenge Gina - you can see and read about it here!



Supplies:
Botanical dreams set by A. Hopkins from Gina K designs
Pink card stock from coredinations
Designer paper is from ???, I've had it so long I can't remember and it's not marked
Pink jewel brad
Sentiment from TAC

3 comments:

Lesa said...

This is so soft and pretty! I really love this! Your added touches are just perfect.

laos348 said...

Great job on the sketch - very pretty.

Dianette Seda said...

Funny! I love coluzzle and want to buy some more of them. lol. Beautiful card and ditto about the process of cutting everything off.