Thursday, May 29, 2008

Card Sketch #70 - Father's Day puzzle

Hi everyone! Here's sketch #70 - measuring the normal A2 size of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. As you can see I turned this one into a puzzle of sorts. I used glossy cardstock and a stencil to create the fern back ground and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. The fern was sponged on with an Inkssentials blending foam by Ranger and Memories pigment ink in Alligator. Once I created the back ground, I cut it up and then re-assembled it onto a black card base. I stamped the Happy Father's Day onto a piece of cork and then cut it out with the large tag punch from Stampin' Up! The spring moss grosgrain ribbon is from Papertrey Ink.
Supplies:


The stencil is from the crafters work shop that I found at one of my LSS. A big shout out for the Memories pigment ink by Stewart Superior - awesome colors that work wonderfully with embossing! I'm also a big fan of their line of chalk inks, too! I've pretty much stayed with the Stewart Superior brands of inks - from their Palette line to their Memories line - nothing but good quality stuff!!!

Have a creative weekend!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

laurie...this is so beautiful!

awesome job!

Leanne said...

Ok, I am so diggin' that layout. Great card!

Velta said...

Oh Wow Laurie ~ This is a great idea...Wonder what is wrong with my imagination...TFS...cause now I want to go out and buy a stencil or two and try this technique!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! Very Pretty