Saturday, March 6, 2021

grunge metal birthday

Hello. Played around with distress glaze and crayons after TH's live today. Here is what I ended up with.




I used Sizzix foil adhesive sheet and ran it through the 3D texture fade foundry embossing folder. Next I covered it with collage medium, sprinkled on distress glaze in cracked pistachio, antique linen and broken china. Heat embossed it very carefully (it got really hot) and then ran black soot distress crayon all over it. Did the smudge with the brush, came back with my fingers and baby wipe, to build it up and take it off.....LOL. I love how it came out. I also really like how there are bare spots where the embossing powder did stick to. 

Birthday sentiment is from Poppy stamps and I heat embossed it in silver onto the metallic teal cardstock from TH.  

I had a lot of fun playing around with this. I also did a strip of sheet metal tape doing the same technique and it equally came out cool looking. Just be very careful when heat embossing! 

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Donna said...

We both did grunge this weekend, like your card, much grungrier than mine, I'm not good at this technique but like to play at it.

Tristan said...

Wowsers Laurie, that background is awesome. I think I need to check out the TH video.