Saturday, November 1, 2014

Holiday greetings

Hi all! Here is my take on the color challenge over at Less is More, which is to use non-traditional Holiday colors with NO red or green.


I used Kraft cardstock and the snow background stamp from
My Favorite Things. Using colorbox white ink, I stamped the snow then added the sentiment. Which is from Papertrey, Ink and so ink stained I'm surprised it still works.

Lamp die is from Memory Box and cut out twice and layered to give it more depth.

I tried using a light blue cardstock to initially make this card, but it just wasn't working for me. It was hard to see the snow flakes even when I embossed them.  If I could have used red, I would have tied a tiny bow our of ribbon and put it in the center of the lamp post.

I think I'll add that later when I send this out to someone! Wink! Thanks for stopping by!

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your holiday card Laurie!

laurie said...

Love that old fashioned lamp post...it just says Christmas to me!

Sid said...

Fab card !!

Glittered Paws said...

The kraft cs is perfect looks like the snow is falling gently on the lamp post - what a pretty pretty card.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Crisp, elegant and perfectly CAS Laurie
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Scrapmate said...

An elegant card.

Chrissie said...

Lovely nostalgic lamppost Laurie, it works really well in these shades!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting this week Laurie, this is fab, love it and now you've blogged you're free to add the red bow!
Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer