Saturday, November 20, 2010

Butterfly in flight

Hey everyone! Here's a card I completed (late, but it's done) for the Flutter by Wednesday challenge. This one was a sketch challenge, which was fun to work with!

The butterfly stamp is from Magenta and colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with OMS. I cut it out and popped it up using some small squares of foam tape. The wings are slightly bent to look like it's in flight. I doubt you can tell in the photo, but it looks great IRL.

That yummy designer paper is from Washi Accents that I bought in a big sheet at a stamp show this past year. It's double sided and worked really well for this card....I've been hoarding it forever!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Love the subtle background letting the butterfly take center stage! Fabulous job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Chelsea said...

I love the colors!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card, love the soft colors.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card Laurie!!! And it's not late at all! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday challenge! Please come back and play again soon!!!

Marlene said...

Pretty card, Laurie!