Sunday, October 4, 2009

World Card Making Day Card

Hi everyone! I hope you had a chance to make a card for WCMD and maybe even participated in a few challenges. I know I did! What fun!

Here's one of the cards I did!

The gerbera daisy is colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with OMS. I used the lattice MS punch and threaded some tiny white satin ribbon through the openings. I didn't have the right color of ribbon and used a Copic Ciao Marker to color it that matches the daisy.

I also got out my scor-pal and scored some lines around the perimeter of the red designer paper. It really finished this piece off. At the last minute I decided to use the southwest corner punch on the main panel - luckily I was able to get the corners up enough after being taped down, in order to do that! Why do we always think of things after the fact???

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamp - Gerbera Daisy, The Angel Company
Paper - red designer paper from BoBunny. Green designer paper from HOTP.
White card stock
White satin ribbon
Copic Ciao Marker
Prismacolor Pencils - OMS

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love that stamp ... it's a classic! I also love what you did with that punch and weaving the ribon through the holes ... brilliant!

KellyRae said...

LOVE the ribbon weaving.