Thursday, October 30, 2008

SCS sketch #200 - Spell

Hi everyone! I thought I'd share my take on the sketch challenge #200 over at Splitcoast.
My first thought based on the sketch was something for Thanksgiving. I have these really cute stamps from TAC that I have yet to do something with. I got out the prisma color pencils, the OMS and went to work. I get out my Marvy blue super jumbo square punch and eek!!! The darn thing is tearing up the corners - out comes the aluminum foil to sharpen it - nope, still tearing up the corners. Talk about frustration! After a few choice four letter words that are not fit to print here, I threw the darn thing away! Time to save up for the square nestabilities!


So, I cut my squares with my paper cutter and then stamped on them. I had to look for some stamps that would fit into the squares, by now I was thoroughly disgusted with the Thanksgiving theme I was planning on. So, I dug out the small cheap Studio G $1 stamps. I remember finding this Halloween paper I bought last year (and forgot all about) that would work great with this sketch. So, this is my final result - Thanks for looking and have a safe and fun Halloween!



Supplies:
Stamps - Studio G $1 stamps
Ink - Versamagic midnight black
Designer Paper - The paper patch
Cardstock - DCWV
Black Grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

Happy Halloween!

Bridgett Owens said...

That is so frustrating, isn't it? But your card still turned out very cute and even though it isn't the Thanksgiving theme you originally wanted to go with, I really like it!
Hugs,
Bridgett