Sunday, October 12, 2014

One layer card with 2

Hi all! It's one layer time over at Less is More and they are looking for two! I'll admit this had me stumped for a bit, so I started digging through my stamps. Here is what I came up with.


This is a very old stamp from the former Angel Company. I inked it up in Versafine, heat embossed it with clear and the colored it with Copic Markers. I did add a bit of texture to the snowman couple using some rubbing alcohol and a paper towel. I wanted their clothes to look like there was snow on them. The card base is rustic white from Papertrey, Ink.

I had some how crunched up one of the corners and took care of that by using the corner rounder.  I know the photo is a little dark. We were having some severe weather when I was taking the picture. Turned out we had a tornado touch down briefly about 20 miles away. Here in Washington that doesn't happen, I think this is like the second I've heard about in all my years. It was sort of exciting.

Adding this into the anything goes challenge over at Addicted to Stamps.

Thanks for stopping by!


Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Laurie. This snow couple is so adorable!! Love how you've coloured them ... using the paper towel gives a whole new look. LOVE all the white space ... this is a perfect CAS card (my favourite style!). Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

Loli said...

Hola Laurie. Thank you for your comment, i'm glad to see you.
Sweet and gorgeous card, great colouring!, it's a perfect CAS card.
I hope the weather is better in washingtong.
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca Spain

Jan said...

Fabulous card, love the snowmen xx Jan

cotnob said...

This is a brilliant CAS design, such fun snowmen.
Pauline
x

Lee-Anne said...

Love your sweet little snow man and woman! Such a great CAS card! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

Tammy said...

Glad the tornado didn't get any closer to you! Love you card,such cute snowmen!

Anne said...

Laurie this is so cute, lovely colouring. I like the rounded corners, great rescue!
Thanks so much for joining us in our one layer challenge
Anne
LIM Designer

Sid said...

Loving your super twinned snow people !! Great OLC !

Unknown said...

Great image and you've coloured it in beautifully. Karen x

Katie Melhus said...

What a precious snow couple - love your card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

super cute image and colouring. those snowmen remind me of some toys called 'weebles' I think from when I was young. They had a round bottom like that and just rolled about!
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anonymous said...

Great CAS card! Love your colouring and shading. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

Julie B said...

Love this snowy snowman couple and beautifully coloured. :)

Connie MacFarlane said...

Fab CAS card Laurie! Love those snowman/woman images.

Marianne said...

great cas card,