Saturday, April 22, 2017

Polka dot flowers

Hey there. Playing in a few challenges today.TGIF wants some polka dots and Simon Says Stamp is all about Showers and/or flowers. I combined the flowers and polka dots for this birthday card.


I used an old flower stamp from the former Angel Company to create this. First of all, I stamped small polka dots (stamp from PTI) using Hero Arts Unicorn White ink. Heat set, then stamped the flowers using Red Royal dye ink from Hero Arts. The white polka dots showed through beautifully. Added some leaves to fill in the gaps.

Sentiment is from Avery Elle.

I used dark green cardstock for my card base to make the red pop even more.

I tried using the kissing technique on this first, but it just didn't give me the results I wanted. So this really came about by trial and error.





 Thanks for stopping by!








6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how awesome this is - love the shower of flowers card.

Donna said...

Beautiful card, the flowers are stunning!

Diane said...

Beautiful card Laurie! I love the Cascade of the flowers. Sure to brighten anyone's day.

Tracy Freeman said...

This is lovely and so pretty, love how you have laid out the flowers.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

reeree62 said...

Nice card, Laurie!! I didn't see the white polkadots at first, believe it or not...then when I did it was like, WOW!

Carolynn Sander said...

Love how the white ink ink appears under the colored flowers! Stunning! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at TGIFC! 💖