Friday, May 4, 2018

Guest designing for Crop Stop

Hello everyone,
I'm guest designing for Crop Stop today.



How I created this card:
1. Using Ken Oliver color bursts in lemon yellow and burnt orange. Start with watercolor paper and spritz with water.
2. I dropped a lot of the lemon yellow onto the paper and swirled it around.
3. Next, I spritzed with water again and dropped a few drops of burnt orange and let the water do the work.
4. Let dry and then layered it with black cardstock and added it onto a white card base.
5. Cut a butterfly out of white cardstock using the memory box solid butterfly die.
6. Sponge on some Oxide inks in squeezed lemonade and spiced marmalade.
7. Next stamp some polka dots onto it for some added interest - then layered a solid black one behind it so that it would stand out from the watercolor background that I created.
8. Die cut the word hello out of black and then used Nuvo crystal glaze to put some shine on it. 
9. Adhere the butterfly using a foam square and bend the wings on it so that it appears to be flying.
10. Add the sentiment.


Hope this inspires you to be creative today.




3.jpg

2 comments:

Donna said...

What a gorgeous card, beautiful background and design! Congrats on your Guest design spot!

Esther Asbury said...

I'm so happy you could guest design for us today! You inspired me to pull out my color burst to use in a future RI challenge!