Saturday, March 24, 2018

Happy Birthday

I'm sharing the birthday card I made for Wendy, who is the owner of Repeat Impressions, which I also happen to design for.  Anyway, I had sent her the card prior to taking a photo of it and had to make another. So, here is the duplicate to post for her today.



The "happy birthday" dies are from The Ton.  The background flower stamp and dragonfly are Repeat Impression stamps. The flower background stamp is stamped in veramark and then heat embossed using white embossing powder. I then blended some distress oxide inks on it and mounted it behind the die cut panel. It made a very colorful and cheerful CAS card.

Happy Birthday, Wendy!

6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love the way you used the flower background stamp behind your die cut "happy birthday!" Such a pretty card!

Wendy said...

Thank you so much for this fabulous and clever birthday card, Laurie. It's even more fantastic in real life! So sorry to hear that you had to make a duplicate for your post, but I'm sure someone else would love to receive it as much as I did. :)
Hugs,
Wendy

Linda said...

Oh, really love how you did the background for your HB die. So pretty.

Heather said...

Beautiful!!! I love that you used the flower background stamp to create a background for the die cut word; it looks fabulous!

Donna said...

What a gorgeous card for Wendy, like how you stamped on the area behind the Happy Birthday and the tiny dragonfly!

Donna said...

What a darling card for Wendy! I like how you stamped on the area behind the Happy Birthday and the tiny dragonfly!