Monday, January 15, 2018

Pick of the week - stenciling

Hello. It's my turn to pick what to focus on over at The House That Stamps Built. This week, I want to focus on Stenciling.



First of all I stamped the sentiment and the bee in Versafine ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.

Then, I stenciled the honeycomb back ground onto a white card panel using Distress squeezed lemonade ink and a blending tool. I went a little bit brighter or darker on the inside and then fading out toward the edge of the card.

Stamps used are 9308 W Bee and 9312 W just "bee" cause.  I kept this very clean and simple so that the focal point of the stenciling doesn't get lost. I also stamped a bee in the inside right hand corner to continue with the cuteness!

Hope your inspired to get out your stencils and play around a bit.

Thanks for stopping by!



The house that stamps built
https://www.repeatimpressions.com/

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

How sweet - love this little bee - and I know I have that stencil. I'm liking pick of the week vs. project of the week. Less pressure.

joy said...

Using this technique will be on one of my cards coming up in the next few weeks -- Thanks for the inspiration!