Monday, May 29, 2017

Project of the week - Black Magic






Hi everyone, it’s my turn to provide a project of the week over at The House That Stamps Built. I decided to go with the Black Magic technique this time around. 

 Supplies needed:
·         White pigment ink
·         Heat embosser
·         Solid stamps
·         Black or dark cardstock
·         Colored pencils















Stamp your solid images in white pigment ink and heat set. Then color with colored pencils. The technique can call for outlining or adding lines and dots with a white gel pen or pencil, but I decided to keep it clean and simple.


I really like breaking out of my normal coloring rut and doing something different now and again, and this technique is a good way to make images really pop.



I heat embossed the sentiment using white detail embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I don't think I've ever tried this technique! Very cool. I will have to try it out. Thanks for the inspiration. Your card is really pretty!

Linda said...

I like doing different techniques too. This is so pretty. Those flowers really pop on the black.

Donna said...

Awesome card and technique, I will have to try this!