Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Mermaid shaker card

Hi all. Just got my Monthly Hero kit yesterday and this is what came about as I played around with it.


Back ground is done using distress oxide inks. Blended broken china and cracked pistachio then used the stencil included in the kit with some water to get a pretty cool effect.

Tule used instead of acetate on the shaker window.  Glued some starfish onto it for some added color. The mermaid is stamped in versafine, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and then colored with Copic's. I added some sparkle to her using a clear glitter spectrum sparkle pen.

The photo is kind of dark, but I also added a spritz or two of sparkle to the overall card using shimmer spritz. Sequins can be found at Katscrappiness - link on side bar. I did not use the ones that came in the kit.

The shaker panel is popped up onto the card base using fun foam. That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

Darnell said...

Great blending on this sweet and lighthearted shaker card, Laurie! I'm inspired by how you get right on something new that arrives! I need to start doing that!! Hugs, Darnell