Monday, April 3, 2017

Project of the week - stamped notebook cover

Hi everyone. It's my turn (Laurie) to offer up a project of the week over at The House That Stamps Built and I came up with this cute little notebook. It's actually one that I picked up at my Local Stamp Store for $1 and I recovered it.





Here are the supplies that I used:
I saved the flimsy kraft cover and used it as a template.
Stamps and Ink
Bone folder
Red line tape or super sticky tape of your choice (you'll need it to tape the paper pad back into your new cover)
Magnets (torn off of the old cover)
Glue dots (to adhere magnets back onto your new cover)
Die - just a note from Lawn Fawn

After measuring out how wide and long my cover needed to be, I added a decorative border using a stitched die. I then measured out where the folds needed to be. I just copied it off the template and marked it with a pencil, then scored it on my score board.

I used one of the stamps from the flower power set (10207-E, Flower Cluster Solid) with some bright pink pigment ink to randomly stamp the cover. Then I used Fabrika Decoru in dark night for the flower centers. Adhered the magnets back on and finished it off with the sentiment.


I always have one of these in my car and use it all the time to jot down things I need to remember. I've gone through quite a few over the years and when I found these at my LSS, I was happy that I could make my own and inexpensively. Some of the fancier one's get kind of pricey.

I hope this inspires you to check at your local stamp/scrapbooking stores or even the $1 stores for these little gems and stamp up your own.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Love, love, love this Laurie!