Sunday, March 12, 2017

Imagine

Hi everyone. I got a chance to play around yesterday with the trend week challenge over at Just Us Girls. The challenge is to use a stencil. Here is what I did with it.


I used the clock stencil from Tim Holtz and paired it with some glossy white embossing paste from Dreamweaver. Once dry I used some spray inks from Memories to add color and then finished off with some distress inks to highlight different areas.

I cut out the word die and inlaid it using black cardstock. Then I added a layer of Faber Castell glaze over it. This gave it a bit of shine and helped to keep the small bits of the word stuck on. Finished this off with adding a layer of black cardstock, satin ribbon and twine.

Thanks for stopping by.










4 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What fabulous techniques you have used here Laurie! LOVE the effect and finished design! Have a great week! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

I like-and Tim Holtz has amazing stencils love the way you have used the stencil in this card. The twine totally finishes it perfectly.

Maria said...

So lovely. The clocks look fabulous on the tag, great job distressing. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls.

Nancy said...

Aren't TH stencils just so fun! This tag looks amazing! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Just Us Girls this week!