Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Designers choice - Long tall sally

Hello.

It’s time for another challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week its a designers choice and its my turn to come up with the challenge. My choice it to create a long tall sally card - basically a card that will fit into a legal envelope. Roughly 8 1/4 x 4.  I like to create these now and again and mail them out. We typically only get bills in legal sized envelopes, so it's nice to see "happy mail" for a change.


I used the flower vine stamp found here and colored them with Copic's. Added the sentiment panel and embellished it with a few strips of ribbon on the left that I colored to match the flowers. Added the dragonflies, then layered it with green and pink.  
  
So, what are you waiting for?!

Why not play along with us and start stamping up a card now. We can’t wait to see your creations!
Don’t forget… Take part in one weekly challenge or all of them. The more you play along, the more chances you have to win! Each submission enters you in the drawing for our gift certificate. And you don’t always have to use our stamps in your creations, but we will reward you if you do. Each submission using a
Repeat Impressions stamp will earn you an additional entry in the drawing!

Also, check out our Rock Star blogs to see what they did with the challenge.


 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon!


7 comments:

Cheri said...

This was such a fun challenge, Laurie and I will definitely be sending more "long tall Sally's" in the mail.

Glittered Paws said...

I loved your challenge this week - made us think out of the box - haven't made one since TAC days. Will be using this again for sure. Beautiful card.

Donna said...

Fabulous card Laurie, thanks for a great DCC, I really enjoyed this!

Kim Waguespack Writes said...

This is so beautiful! I am inspired!

joy said...

This is one of my favorite cards! I love the little flowers and the pink -- so spring like and I'm ready for it!

Patti J said...

I have to admit that this one made me just a tad crazy! What a great challenge, Laurie, and your card is beautiful. Thanks for a fun week!

Heather said...

Such a pretty card! Love all those beautiful flowers and the ribbon is a perfect embellishment for the sentiment panel.