Monday, January 30, 2017

Project of the week - Felted cardstock

Hi everyone! It's my turn to create a project of the week and this time I decided to go with felted cardstock.

I found these really cool coffee cocktail napkins at my dollar store and snapped them up with this technique in mind. So, first off lets grab our supplies.

You'll need a cocktail napkin of what ever design you choose. Plus some cling wrap, white cardstock and an iron.






Separate the white backing from the napkin.






Then cut off a bit of cling wrap the size of your cardstock and sandwich them all together. 

Using a dry iron, fuse everything together.  Then create your project.
I did the reverse stamping technique on this so that I could stack the mugs. The top one is the way the original stamp looks. They are colored with Copic markers. I cut the top one out and popped it up using foam tape. Brown ribbon and cardstock used to layer and add interest to the final project.

You can find the coffee mug and sentiment here.

Thanks for stopping in today!


1 comment:

Donna said...

Great project of the week Laurie and fabulous card, this adds such a wonderful look!