Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Photo inspiration

Hi everyone! It's a photo inspiration challenge over at Repeat Impressions - The house that stamps built. Here is the photo and what I did with it.

I started out using some distress inks to create a piece of drift wood on a piece of white cardstock. Then I ran it through the wood grain embossing folder and added more distress inks to the edges. I used the comic strip die from Papertrey, Ink to cut it apart and keep every thing uniform.

Pelican stamp is from Repeat Impressions and colored with Copic's.

Added a few pieces of mesh to resemble fishing nets and knot of rope up top to go with the theme of my card. Sentiment is also from RI.


















Now go check out the rest of our Rock Star's cards that they did for this challenge.


Joy


Thanks for stopping by.


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

Donna said...

Great take on the sketch and like your embellishing!

Cheri said...

Laurie, this is such a fabulous card. I love all the texture you were able to get on it and without looking overloaded!!!

Patti J said...

Love this, Laurie!!! Great job with the photo inspiration, my friend. It's SO much fun working together...yippee!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome - so many textures - and great take on the photo inspiration.

Heather said...

This card is stunning!! I love the layout combined with all the texture. It definitely captures the feel of our inspiration photo. Sorry, I'm so late in leaving a comment, I won't even bother with excuses!!