Sunday, February 21, 2016

Textured thanks

Hi all! Less is more theme this week is to add some texture. Here is what I did with it.

Used some home made texture paste (baby powder, glue, white paint and water) to add the small distressed squares in the background.

Daisy die is from Simon Says Stamp. I cut several out, layered them and then colored the top one with my Zig water color markers with a paint brush and water.

Thanks die is from Savvy stamps and cut out in black and stuck on using some wacky tack, which is a dry adhesive.

Kept it clean and simple with lots of white. I really liked how this turned out.

Thanks for popping by.






Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Home made texture paste! I love DIY products! This is such a soft and pretty card Laurie my friend! Have a lovely week! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Esther said...

Lovely! I think you've got the layout, colours, and detail vs white space absolutely perfect. Gorgeous.

Sarah G said...

This looks so fresh and pretty! Love how you made your own texture paste - it adds great dimension along with those die cut daisies :)

Connie said...

Perfect CAS card Laurie! I like your colors, the way you placed the words atop the image and especially like your embossing paste recipe!! TFS

Glittered Paws said...

Wow really like this - and lots of white worked great for this card with just a pop of black. Great job.

Lexxie said...

A really beautiful elegant card,
Sarita x

Chrissie said...

Simply and gorgeous Laurie!
Love that touch of texture!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Textured and presented so beautifully Laurie. Perfectly CAS and such an elegant card, thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Tammy said...

Love what you've done with the homemade texture paste, I bet is smells pretty too! Love your card, gorgeous background!

Unknown said...

Love your card and what a clever idea making your own texture paste. Karen x

Kathyk said...

Beautiful make

Kathyk

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, what a striking CAS Laurie, so pretty!
Thanks for joining our challenge
Anne
"Less is More"