Monday, May 25, 2015

Ack! Where is my mojo?

Hello! Struggling to find my mojo today to create a sympathy card for a subordinate. Nothing was working. You would think that starting off with a really nice sketch from The Paper Players would make things go easy, but no.....This is the third attempt at it that I'm now showing you. I'm done! ;-) Ever have one of those days?

Flower Stamp is from Rubbernecker. It's done using some markers directly on the stamp and then misted with water to get the look.  Tim Holtz water color paper from Ranger used here. Lil' Inker rectangle stitched die used to cut it out.

Sympathy stamp is from PTI. I like the bold simplistic font on it. Colored some small satin ribbon using a Copic marker that was close in color to the flowers and added it on top of a wider piece of black satin. Tiny black pearls from Michael's used per the sketch.

I think I'll go get some Cinderella chores done instead since my creative mojo is absent. Thanks for stopping by!




Follow on Bloglovin







4 comments:

Donna said...

It turned out gorgeous. I was with you this weekend with the no mojo though, need it back.

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is just gorgeous! I love your beautiful yellow flowers! The colored ribbon and black pearls are perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Laurie! I love the yellow poppies! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Laurie! I love how the yellow pops on the lean background. Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch this week at The Paper Players! :)