Saturday, December 6, 2014

Snow

Hi everyone! I was inspired by the Fusion challenge and decided to play around a bit with it. Here is what I ended up with.

The red gingham stood out as did the color in the pine cone. I decided to follow the sketch and use those two colors as well as a white card base.

Fishtail banner is from MFT and cut out using kraft cardstock. I layered it with pure poppy cardstock from PTI. The red gingham is a stamp from Kaisercraft that I inked up with wild cherry colorbox ink from MFT. 

Snowflakes are cut using white cardstock and dies from Penny Black. I then sprayed them with some frost smooch shimmer spay to give them a little bit of bling.

Using alphabet dies from Memory Box I cut out the S,N and W. A dauber with white ink from Fresh Ink is used to do the snowman face to take the place of the O. I added a bit of orange cardstock for his nose and tiny tiny black pearls for his mouth.  This idea was another Pinterest find.  I also added a small snowflake to the inside of the card, which you can barely make out.

Thanks for stopping by! Off to run a few crafty errands today.




Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your snowman "O"! Very clever and great card!

SmilynStef said...

Your snowman face *O* is perfection ... and snowflakes are the perfect design elements for the sketch ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Glittered Paws said...

Love this idea - the snowman is perfect for the O. Love red/white gingham, red kraft and white. Hope you found some crafty "goodies" for you when you were out running errands.

Lynn said...

Ha!!! Love the snowman face for the "o", made me smile today.

Greta said...

Great take on the challenge, Laurie!

~amy~ said...

How sweet, love the gingham!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, super super cute!!!!! Love the little snowman!!

Merry Christmas from us at FUSION! We are so glad to have you join us. We look forward to seeing you in the New Year!!!!