Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas cheer

Hi everyone! I got a chance to play around with this weeks Freshly Made Sketch and this is what it ended up being.

I had this idea in my head that I wanted to stencil some molding paste onto the background of this card. I've got this really nice splatter/coffee cup stain stencil that I was bound and determined to use. Well, it was a great idea but I just could not execute it without much success. After getting very frustrated I gave up and ended up using the SU Gorgeous Grunge with Vintage Photo distress ink instead. I did use part of the stencil in the lower right hand portion of the card. I had to get that coffee cup stain in! Does this remind you of coffee or cocoa?

Coffee to go cup die is from My Favorite Things. Dug into my stash of Christmas paper to cut the top and the holder.

Sentiment is from Technique Tuesday. The little stars or snowflakes on each side is a stubby stamp from Stamps by Judith. I did add a tiny white pearl to each center.

Cup is popped up using foam tape as is the sentiment, as you can see by the shadow. Thanks for stopping by!



Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love this - I have my cup die out to make some Christmas cups this afternoon. Love the coffee rings as bg too.

Tammy said...

Super cute!

Linda Callahan said...

Delightful!

Darnell said...

Absolutely hot cocoa! Can anyone really dig into a cup of hot cocoa and whipped cream and NOT splatter it all over? I don't think so! I'm sorry your original idea gave you fits, Laurie, but the end result with the grunge is fabulous and just perfect for the sketch!! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy Lovell said...

This is awesome!!! Love the stains and the cup!!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great take on the challenge! Hazel x

Cindy Hall said...

The coffee ring and drops make a wonderful addition to your cup of cheer! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!