Friday, December 19, 2014

Anyone

Hello! I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of making Christmas cards. I just finished addressing and put mine in the mail today. So, now I'm on to whatever else catches my eye. Here is this weeks Freshly Made Sketch using some new stamps from My Favorite Things. Yes, I tweaked the sketch a bit too!

I just love this sentiment that comes in the Whimsical Wishes set. There is a get well soon stamped on the inside.

The tulips are die cut out of white cardstock then colored with Copic's. I have NO clue who the die comes from. I've gotten into the habit now of writing in white paint pen on the back of dies of who makes them, but this one was missed. The white cardstock is cut using one of the new blueprints dies that was just released from MFT.

Red houndstooth cardstock is from Bazzill Basics. The green is from my stash. Those flat green dots are from Studio Calico and are a pretty close match in color to the cardstock.

I used some 1/16 thick foam pieces of tape to pop up the tulips. I was going to add a couple of more die cuts to get a bit more thickness, but it was darn hard to get them to line up. I just gave up and popped it up instead. Works!

OK, off to find something to eat. Thanks for stopping by!






5 comments:

Donna said...

Really like this card, is a cheery change,great colors. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the country feel of this card. Like you, the sentiment is one I like. It can be used for so many different occasions. - Jim

Jen Mitchell said...

What a wonderful card for spring! (I'm with you in that I've had enough of Christmas cards)! The gingham gives this a lovely, homey feel. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tammy said...

Cute, cute, cute, reminds of spring!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just lovely! I love this colour combo and the red houndstooth paper just sets off your card. Thanks for joining us at FMS!