Tuesday, April 30, 2013

With love

 Hi everyone! I've got a really clean and simple card to show you today!



Stamps are from Verve. I inked up the heart in versafine ink and the heat embossed it with clear embossing powder so that I could color it with Copic's. I've gotten where I prefer to do this than use Memento ink any more. I 'm just not happy with the coverage I'm getting from it even after re-inking the pad several times! Anyways.....

I used the stitch border punch and then ran some red bakers twine through the holes. I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture but I added some tiny black pearls to each end of the black cardstock panel. Pure poppy cardstock used as a card base and to layer the circle. Used a bit of foam tape to pop up the heart circle to give it a bit of definition. 

Just a reminder that you don't have to participate in the sketch challenge below to enter for the blog candy I'm giving away.  Just leave a comment and become a follower!

Thanks for stopping in today!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the sweet heart! Great card Laurie!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the Verve stamps - I need to check them out as I am always amazed with your CAS cards using Verve stamps.

Natalie said...

Very cute CAS!!