Friday, July 20, 2012

In my prayers

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a good week! Mine was super busy and left little time for creating in the studio. At least I managed to get one card done today!


Stamps are from Papertrey, Ink called Gracious Vases! I just ordered the supersized version of this set with dies to match! I can't wait to get them!

The vase is colored with Copic's, cut out and then adhered to the card using wacky tack. Orchid is lightly colored with a pink using the colorless blender.

Designer paper is from Daisy D's and I used some really dark gray cardstock to layer/outline it so that it stuck out a bit. I colored the white tiny satin ribbon with a Copic that matched the mat on the main image.

I hate making sympathy cards, but I needed to replenish my stash.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

Patti J said...

This is so pretty, Laurie. The soft colors, and the sheer simplicity are perfect for this type of card. Thanks for sharing :)

Tammy said...

Really pretty card and great colors and paper!

Darnell said...

Love the elegant simplicity of your card. Just right for the sentiment!