Monday, February 13, 2012

Orange Poppy

Hi everyone! I got out the water colors yesterday and played around a bit and finished this piece.

I got the water color set at Michael's - it was located on an end cap and advertised for $3.00 - Bargain! Anyway, that is what I used to color in the poppy. Stamp is from the set Charming Gardeners from A*Muse Studio. Sentiment stamp is from Verve.

The blue cardstock is from Hot Off The Press and I embossed it using the linen embossing plate from PTI. Yellow designer paper is from Making Memories. Light blue satin ribbon is from TAC. I used a few self adhesive black rhinestones for the center of the flower, they're from Kaisercraft.

Whatcha think? I think I need more practice at water coloring!

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - and what a bargain on the watercolors - this set is on my "wish" list. Great job.

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous!

Tammy said...

Beautiful Laurie!

Donna said...

Great card, love your coloring!