Friday, December 2, 2011

Inspired tag

Hello everyone! If you're not following Tim Hotlz and his 12 days of Christmas tags, I would recommend that you do. Great inspiration!

Here's my first tag.

I started off with a regular tag and added the music designer paper to it from Creative Imaginations. Then I got to distressing it with antique linen and vintage photo distress inks.

Poinsettia is die cut from dark red cardstock from HOTP using the spellbinders die. Black soot used to distress the outside edges which is hard to see in the photo. Yellow self adhesive pearls from Kaisercraft used for the center.

I stamped the ticket (stampers anonymous TH) onto a thin piece of chipboard with archival jet black ink and the cut it out. I used picket fence and antique line distress stains and then added some vintage photo and black soot to the outside edges. Both the ticket and the poinsettia are popped up with foam tape.

A length of burlap was cut, frayed and inserted through the tag and then the plaid ribbon was tied on top and into a bow.

Would really appreciate some feedback on this one! Have a great day!