Friday, September 2, 2011

Celebrate and wish big!

Hey everyone! Before I left on vacation the brown truck delivered my latest order from Papertrey Ink! I just had to whip out the new stamps and play around. Here's what I came up with!

Stamps are from the set Harvest Berries. The sentiment is also from PTI and is from the set Half and Half.

I stamped the ginkgo leaves in Versamark and heat embossed them using clear embossing powder on the kraft cardstock. Then using the other leaf stamp I stamped it in Palette fresh snow onto Bazzill Highland Green smoothie cardstock.

I cut out the banner using the double ended banners die from PTI onto the kraft cardstock. Stamped the sentiment and then attached it to the card. I used spring green grosgrain ribbon from Ribbons and Bows Oh My on the right side and for the bow. I really like how well it matches the Highland green cardstock!

I think the sentiment gets lost on this card and I might go back and sponge an outline in fresh snow to make it stand out a bit. What do you think?

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Laurie! I like the clear EP on Kraft - great idea! Beautiful stamp set - love their new releases! Thanks for sharing...have a nice weekend :)

Danni said...

Very pretty! and the sentiment looks fine the way it is but I can see how the white sponged on might enhance it some!

Marlene said...

It's KRAFTastic! Love the simplicity and colors! Have a fabulous long weekend.

Tammy said...

I think the card is beautiful!

Char said...

Great card!!! I'll have to check out Papertrey.....

Myrna Marcano said...

So cute card.
Thanks for sharing.
Myrna