Monday, August 15, 2011

Sometimes you flip......

and sometimes you flop. Or so they say....

Stamps are from Great Impressions. I've had the flip flop stamp for a couple of years and just picked up the sentiment. Don't they go great together? Flip flops are colored with Copic markers and self adhesive pearls used for the center of the flowers.

Kraft cardstock used as the base of the card after I ran it through the crimper. Layered both the sentiment and the flip flops with blue cardstock that I dug out of my scrap pile. Tied a bit of twine around it and finally got that little bow to come out right.

All I have to say is that summer has truly flopped this year in Washington State. We've had 83 minutes of 80 degree weather so far and it's the middle of August! Go figure - we just can't make it out of the 70's!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love the flip-flops - I have a stamp somewhere so now I am wanting to go find it. Love it on Kraft and the pearl center is perfect.

Unknown said...

I love the saying! It's perfect with the "thongs"!! And they are just too cute, too!

Tammy said...

I do love your card and great sentiment to match!

Patti J said...

Great card, Laurie! Thanks for sharing - love that sentiment!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Sweet summer card and the twine is just perfect!