Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sad news and a dahlia!

Hi everyone! If you haven't heard the news, The Angel Company has announced that they are hanging up their wings. Below is the official announcement from CEO Mischelle Smith.

"It is with great sadness that I must announce we are hanging up our wings. These past several years our industry has faced enormous challenges and as a result, we have seen many companies close their doors. We continued to hope we could see The Angel Company through this recession and back into prosperous days and we held onto this hope as long as we could.

One of the largest challenges affecting each of us is our industry not being able to support all of the direct sales companies in our field. Even in a healthy economy, we are a niche market trying to compete for a very limited number of distributors. As a small company, this has been a grueling challenge for us. Times are tough for everyone ~ in direct sales and retail environments.

I would like to thank each of you for being an customer and Angel these past 14 years. Indeed, it has been a pleasure to serve you. -Mischelle"

I will continue to use my favorite TAC stamps in my many creations. I was always just a hobby angel, buying mostly for myself and supporting my love of stamps. This gives me an opportunity to explore other avenues for my hobby and add to my ever growing collection of stamps. I have a feeling I'll just support other demo's for a while though!

Here is a Birthday card that I made for my Father's girl friend using the dotted dahlia stamp from TAC.

Thanks for stopping in! I will continue to follow my fellow TAC Angel blogs since they have been a huge source of inspiration throughout my tenure as an Angel.



supplies:
Copic markers
Spellbinders long rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies, label die
Verve tag die
Lattice embossing folder
TAC stamps and pink designer paper
Bazzill green cardstock
White card stock is neenah

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Very sad news. We cannot escape what is happening with our economy.

Very pretty card today!

Trudy Osborn said...

Gorgeous card, Laurie!

I am still reeling a little from TAC closing...

Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful! This set was on my wish list... Bummer. Still in a fog.