Thursday, June 30, 2011

Red Baron

Hello all! Here is another of the images from the Vintage rides set from The Angel Company.

I got out my Niji water brush and watercolors and played around a bit on this. I so need to practice and I just drool over some of the cards and images I've seen using this medium.

The clouds are cut from white cardstock (PTI die) and the Happy birthday sentiment is from Hero Arts. I popped up the cloud with the birthday sentiment using some foam tape. The yellow background is a thin piece of construction paper that I had in my stash. I really like how it sets off the watercolored blue background.

For just playing around I'm really pleased with how this turned out. It'll make a great Birthday card for a boy!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy 4th!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I'd say you are in a transportation mode, you must be planning or wishing to go on a trip.
Love your card!

Marlene said...

Love this card! A friend of ours has his own plane and loves to fly still (even though he is almost 80!) He would love a card like this. I love the way you made those clouds!

Patti J said...

What cuteness! You're right, some young man will really love this! Great job - love your coloring!

Chelsea said...

Love this look.

Glittered Paws said...

Love It - we played with the water color crayons at seminar and I just don't bring them out often enough. Great job and I am loving this set.

Trudy Osborn said...

Fantastic card! It is on my MUST have list