Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another inspiration card

Hello! I was recently sitting in the dentist office waiting to be called back for my routine cleaning and thumbing through a past issue of Martha Stewart's Living magazine. I found this really nice comforter and immediately thought it would make a great card!

Here is what inspired me: If this picture doesn't come up hit this link.



Here's how it turned out!

Stamped are from Papertrey Ink and stamped in Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow and Dark Chocolate inks from Palette.

Ivory cardstock is used as the base for the card. Using the new scalloped die from Memory Box, I cut a piece of pure poppy cardstock and then layered it on top of a piece of chocolate brown.

Tag punch used to create the sentiment tag and attached behind the brown grosgrain ribbon bow.

Isn't it funny what will inspire you in the weirdest places? Tell me about a time when you were inspired by something out of the ordinary. I'd love to hear the story!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool! You got the colors, the flowers, it's great!

Teresa Jenkins said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors!

Patti J said...

Wowee - perfect! Love both the inspiration piece and the card! I think I want that bedroom :) Hugs!

Chelsea said...

Great card ... It's funny where inspiration strikes us ... Mine was a co-workers skirt a few weeks ago.

Marlene said...

Beautiful interpretation of the inspiration photo. You do such a nice job with these.