Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Poinsettia #3 - Cut out's

Here's another take on the poinsettia stamp from Just for Fun stamps. I did two, the first one I was just messing around to see if it could be done and the second is just another color variation.

Don't look too close at the coloring on this one - LOL! It was my "test" to see if I could cut parts of the poinsettia out and have it stand up and still be an A2 card. The ivory base is just sitting on the green card base and not attached at this point.

Here's the second one that I completed that I paid much more attention to the coloring and staying within the lines! ;-)

It's also my final version with everything attached and centered. Sentiment is from Papertrey ink - Signature Christmas.

I wish that Copic made a few more Red's (true Red's, not pinks) to color with. I'm partial to the red traditional poinsettia's and prefer the first card, but I'm not happy with the shading on it. What do you think?

Have a great day!


Tomorrow 12/15 is the last day to enter my CAS no layer challenge to win some blog candy! See post below to link up your card!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

These are gorgeous Laurie!!! Beautiful coloring on both, but I'm partial to the traditional reds too. ~jeni :)

AmethystCat said...

Oh - WOW!!! amazing cards!

Tammy said...

I think they are both perfectly lovely. I was taught to use dark brown to get nice shading on bright red.

Marlene said...

It's a beautiful card!

I actually think I've got a pretty darned good selection of red copics. My faves (for the darker reds) are:

R24, R29, R37, R39, R46, R59 and R89.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

So cute Laurie! Love how the petals are arranged hanging off the card.