Wednesday, May 12, 2010

TDS Wednesday Sketch Challenge

Good morning! Here is this weeks sketch challenge over at The Digi Shack.

I switched it up just a bit for this masculine card. No ribbon or foo foo embellishments, either!

This image is a classic and it's only One Buck over at TDS! Perfect for Father's Day! I colored it with Copic markers and then to get the stripes on the lounge chair, I used a plastic template and the colorless blender.

The stripes on the green cardstock are done with an old retired back ground stamp from The Angel Company. I stamped it on the light green cardstock with Palette Fresh Snow and then embossed with clear. The stripes on the darker green are done with Versamark and clear embossing powder. Liking all the texture to this one! The sentiment is a custom stamp I had made up from Victorine Originals.

So, don't forget to grab your FREE images from TDS and participate in this weeks challenge. Link up using Mr. Linky so that we can leave you some blog love, too! Don't forget you still have time to submit for the next design team call!

Have a funtastic day!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

This is so cute, Laurie!! Love the technique you used on the chair. It almost looks exactly like your DP!!! LOVE this!!

Lelia Pierce said...

Too stinkin' cute, girl! I love the paper piecing on the chair!

Hugs,
Lelia

Marlene said...

Great job! Love this card....it's a perfect masculine card! You rock!

Glittered Paws said...

Cute card and very manly. Love the chair!!!

stuffie said...

i LOVE this image!!!! Looks awesome! Love how you did the stripes, I would not ahve thought of that!

Laurie Unger said...

There is no designer paper on this anywhere! No paper piecing either. It's all done with Copic Markers! Whew - just had to clarify!

Rleen said...

Laurie, thanks a lot for the welcome. I'm like starting to blog again lol...
Anway your card is fabulous! I love the colors and all the details. You did a wonderful job as always!
Hugs, Rleen

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful!

Unknown said...

Awesome card!! I love the green chair matches the green paper!!

Hugs~
Ramona

Amy said...

Awesome job! I love the green. Perfect :)