Monday, April 12, 2010

Manic Monday Freebie Funday

Is at the Digi Shack!

Here's a sample I did with this image.


Everything but the sky is colored with Copic markers! That is done with a dauber and Memento Summer Sky ink. The drums were cut out and popped up with foam tape. The sand is colored with E51 and then I added the new super fine flower soft in sand for the ya, that's right - sand! Doesn't it look good? I used Mono Multi and the wide end adapter to get a good even coverage of the glue.

The palm tree stamp is from The Angel Company.

So head on over to the Digi Shack to get this freebie for today! Link here.

10 comments:

Marlene said...

FANTASTIC card!!! Wow!!!! Looks great! I'm in awe of your sky daubing skills, too! What a great idea for the sand. Very cute!

Christine said...

Lovely card.

Barb said...

This is great, Laurie! LOVE the sky... it looks so real!

Tricia said...

super coolness! I love the sand effect and how you cut out the drums and put them in a tropical scene.

Chelsea said...

great card ... love how you used the Flower Soft for sand!

Glittered Paws said...

OMG - your sand looks like real sand. Didn't know they had a super fine flower soft out - will have to check it out. The palm trees are perfect for this card.

Deanne Clarke said...

Neat card!!!!!

Amy said...

Great card!!

Heidi Hihn said...

Cute! If it wasn't 7:30 am I would want a pina colada and a lawn chair on your image for me!

Winnie and Patty said...

Hey Laurie--thanks for your comment on my Anna Griffin card. You mentioned that you hadn't been to the science center in Seattle in a while. Is it worth going to? Is there anything else you would recommend we do while in Seattle? Please feel free to email me at pattypenn199@msn.com

Also love your card! Sorry I didn't say that first!

Have a great evening!
Patty