Friday, April 23, 2010

G Thanks!

Hello! Here's a card I did for Victorine Originals a while back. A lot of dots and circles going on here, but so fun and different.


The varnished alcohol technique was used to create the papers in the center. Using Aqua and pearl alcohol inks and simple solution on regular printer paper. See tutorial here. I used the same paper under that clear button with some glossy accents.

The embossing folder is from Quickutz and versamagic sea breeze was sponged on after running it through my cuttlebug. The grosgrain ribbon is colored with B00 Copic Ciao Maker, which made it a little stiff and I could bow it a bit while adding it on the card. Scrappers floss is also added to the button.

Spellbinders Nestability circles and labels 4 were used and layered as the center focal point. The "G Thanks" is from Victorine Originals and stamped in Palette true black.

I'm itching to get into the studio and create. I haven't stamped since Monday and I'm going through withdrawals!

Have a great weekend and let me know what you think of this card!

5 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

I really like how you colored your ribbon with your Copic marker. The nesties and embossing is very fun, too!

Marlene said...

Very pretty, Laurie!

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - went to look at the technique and have added the solution to my list next time I go to St. Louis. Love the ribbon colored with copic.

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - went to look at the technique and have added the solution to my list next time I go to St. Louis. Love the ribbon colored with copic.

Teresa Jenkins said...

Beautiful, love the colors and great idea on the ribbon.