Monday, December 7, 2009

Card Sketch Tuesday #158

Happy Tuesday! Here is sketch #158 and measurements are below.

Card base is 4.25 x 5.5. I did add another layer behind layer #1 that measures 4 x 5.25. Layer 1 is 3 x 4 and layers 2A and B are 2 x 2.5. They are all matted with a 1/16 layer. The sentiment panel is a labels die from Spellbinders.



I started off making a master board with stamping the snowflakes ramdomly in pure poppy and sky gray inks. The red cardstock is ran through the new snowflake embossing folder from Provo Craft and taped in place. I learned the hard way that the gray pigment ink needs a bit of time to dry, so I stamped the seniment and the tag outline then ran it through the labels spellbinders die. I also took a dauber and outlined the label with the pure poppy ink.

Once the gray ink finally dried, I cut out my panels and layered them with a dark gray cardstock. I did pop up the #2A and B panels with foam tape. The label is also bent in a little and attached with tiny foam tape squares.

The inspiration for this came from the turtleneck I have on, except that the back ground on my shirt is cream not white. It's just a bit different than the norm, and I thought what a wonderful card it would make.


Thanks for stopping by and have a super week!



Supplies:
Stamps: Snowflakes = The Angel Company, Sentiment = Studio G stamps, Label = Waltzing Mouse stamps,
Paper - Pure poppy cardstock from PTI, gray cardstock from American Crafts
Ink - Palette Pure Poppy, Sky Gray from Colorbox

1 comment:

Bridgett Owens said...

What a beautiful card! I love it and I am super excited that you provided measurements with these sketches! That makes my life so much easier when I use sketches! LOL THANK YOU for doing that!
Hugs,
Bridgett