Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Autumn Watercolor

Good afternoon!

I just completed the sketch challenge over at SCS and was very pleased at how my card turned out and thought I'd share! It took a while to get there.....

I started stamping around 10:15 PM (I had to watch America's got talent).

The main image is from Papertrey Ink and I colored directly on the stamp with Marvy Le Plume markers in English rose and Olive green. Misted with water and stamped on watercolor paper. I had some designer paper from Making Memories that I wanted to use for the right panel, but it just wasn't working. So, on the hunt I go for something else (this is at 10:45 PM). I tried so many other colors of paper, nope not working, then reached for my back ground stamps. I tried several before finally deciding to use the weathered BG stamp from TAC which is retired. I used the same marker in english rose to color the stamp and ta da !!!

Ok - then I was on the hunt for the perfect Olive green. Talk about frustrating and I guess that I'm all out of my favorite from Bazzill. Time to restock! I ended up going with a darker olive from DCWV. It works, but not what I really wanted. Olive green grosgrain ribbon is used in the corner and as a tab of the main panel.

I did stamp the inside of this card, but can not get a good shot of it! I just repeated the flower image and will stamp a sentiment for the occasion that I need later.

I ended up finishing this card at 12:30 AM! I wasted a good two hours searching and destroying for the perfect back ground stamp and the right color olive green. Sheesh - why aren't things ever easy? Or is it just us stampers and scrapbookers who have to have things perfect (in our minds) and just so? What do you think?

No comments: