Friday, June 26, 2009

Frames and buttons

Hello! Thought I'd show you a card I made while playing around with my new Quickutz cookie cutter dies.

I took a piece of designer paper and adhered it to a thin piece of chipboard using a glue stick. I brayered over it to make sure it was good and stuck and then ran it through the cuttlebug with two of the Quickutz dies. There are three dies to this pack and they all have a thin border that cuts off as well. Since this was thick DP and thin chipboard, it stayed together like I wanted it to and embossed as well!
Here's a close up picture of it and how I did the ribbon and button. I stamped the little sprig onto the Olive green card stock and embossed with clear embossing powder, then added the "hello" sentiment. The same sprig is used on both sides of the card alternating ink colors to match the designer paper. I thought this came out pretty well, considering I was just goofing around! What do you think?

Supplies:
Designer paper - Willoughby by TAC
Stamps - TAC, deco designs (sadly retired) Hello sentiment from TAC
Inks - Versamagic - Spanish Olive, Jumbo Java, Hint of Pesto. Palette noir
Satin green ribbon
Green buttons
Brown DMC floss

I just found out that I have a card sample in the new Angel Company catalogue that is set to be released on July 1. I have not seen which one was chosen, but I'm so excited and honored to see my name published a second year in a row! We got a chance to see the front and back cover and who contributed to the catty on Mischelle's Smith's blog today.
Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kim said...

Laurie Congrats for a second year in a row! Beautiful card! I like the quickcut die you used....

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this card...it's so beautiful! The paper is gorgeous. I love it! Congratulations on a second year in a row making it into the catalog! Go girl!
Hugs,
Bridgett