Monday, May 25, 2009

Card Sketch Tuesday #130

Greetings - and happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend!
Here is sketch #130 - measuring the normal A2 size.

and here is my example:

The main stamped image is actually two stamps from Local King Rubber Stamps which is out of Canada. I bought these at the stamp show I attended a couple of weekends ago, and now just got around to inking them up.

The back ground stamp has numerous Chinese designs, symbols and writing on it. I inked it up in Palette landscape green ink and then used markers on the bamboo stamp. Nestabilities were used to cut it out to the size I wanted. The dark green layer is actually white mulberry paper that I colored with the same marker I used on the bamboo.

I stamped the sentiment out on the mulberry paper and used the tag nestability to cut it out and a piece of the same back ground as the main panel. I ran a marker around the largest tag to give it dimension, then decided to do the same with the rice paper/bamboo designer paper. Lastly, added a black pearl to the tag from Kaiser Craft.

This past Saturday, we went on a major road trip and saw some absolutely wonderful scenery and wildlife. I took over 100 pictures and will share them with you shortly. We had just the most awesome weather and it was just sweet to get out and explore! Have a good one!

Supplies:
Stamps - Local King Rubber Stamps, sentiment is from Stampendous
Nestabilities
Palette ink in Landscape and Noir
Pearl from Kaiser Craft
Green designer paper - K&Company
Mulberry paper
Rice/bamboo paper from ???
Marvy LePlume II Markers
Photobucket

2 comments:

Velta said...

Laurie this is just lovely! Glad you had a good time on your road trip :)

LadybugSue said...

I really like this card. Can't wait to see photos of your trip. Loved the last ones with the mountains.