Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Butterfly Dreams

Hello everyone! I just finished this sketch challenge from SCS last evening, but ran out of time to post it here.


I stamped the butterfly twice and colored it with prismacolor pencils and blended with OMS. Then one of them was cut out and popped up on foam tape for some added dimension. The leaf design paper is from Provo Craft that I've had in my stash forever and worked really well with this sketch. I also decided not to add any further embellishments and kept this clean and simple.

Supplies:

  • Stamps - The Angel Company, Flutter by and the sentiment is from the My life set
  • Ink - palette Noir
  • White card stock, olive green card stock
  • Yellow and leaf designer paper from Provo Craft



Have a fantastic day!!!


Photobucket

8 comments:

Kim said...

This is a Beautiful Card! Your coloring is great...

Bridgett Owens said...

Laurie, this card is so beautiful! I love the simple design and how subtle the leaves are on the paper you chose. I also love the double stamped butterfly!

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!

Lesa said...

The butterfly is so so pretty. You did a fabulous job on this! :)

Trudy Osborn said...

Laurie, This is GORGEOUS!!! The coloring in fantastic. TFS

Anonymous said...

Love this card of yours! Love the dimensionality of it and your coloring! TFS!

kellyrae said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love your butterfly's colors and the clean style of this card.

Velta said...

Laurie ~ How beautiful is this!!! I have got to say...your artwork is amazing...and your simple clean look makes this card just stunning...Thank you for all of your comments to me :)