Monday, February 9, 2009

Card Sketch Tuesday #115

Hi everyone - Happy Tuesday! Here is sketch #115. I needed a masculine card and this is what I came up with. Sketch measures the normal A2 size and is rather simple.

I just got this ship collage stamp (from TAC) when they had their half price sale on T coded stamps. I've always wanted it, but just never bought it for some reason.

I stamped it in burnt umber, then used some chalk to color it in. I distressed the edges and layered both panels with some dark brown card stock. The light brown card stock is paper pierced in the corners, and I added some eyelets to thread the leather rope through. I really wanted to use some "rope" like substance, but didn't have anything in my stash that worked. Hope everyone has a great week!


Supplies:

  • Stamp - Ship collage from The Angel Company
  • Ink - Palette burnt umber
  • Striped DP - my minds eye
  • Dark and light brown card stock - DCWV
  • Antique copper eyelets (TAC)
  • Leather string
  • Chalk

    Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the chalk coloring on this card! It is gorgeous and perfect for masculine (or anyone).

Bridgett Owens said...

This is a great card with wonderful coloring.