Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Celebrate Anything!

Hello - happy Wednesday (or Thursday when most of you get this). Thought I'd share a card I did a while ago - and remind everyone that there's still a couple days left to participate in my blog candy sketch challenge! See card sketch #88!

The card starts off with a piece of card stock measuring 12 x 4 and ends up when folded a 4 x 4 pocket card. I'm sure all of you have seen this before, but if not, leave me a comment and I'll get you the instructions.

The designer paper is from DCWV "Once upon a time" pack. The pink card stock is Core'dinations. The black circle is one of those things that came about by mistake. I cut a circle with my nestabilites and it was too big for the project I was working on. So I chose another die and cut it again - wow - that skinny circle looks cool - wonder what I can use it on? You know how it goes...The sentiments and the swirl are from The Angel Company. I used cloudy coral chalk ink from Memories to stamp everything. The ribbon is a close match to the ink and paper, but not perfect! The back side of this card is also covered with the same designer paper, which hides how I attached the ribbon.


I have a funny little story to share - I celebrated my 22 wedding anniversary this past Saturday. My DH gave me one of those funny kind of cards that you can only appreciate when your married as long as we've been! =) I also got him one of those types of cards. You know what he said to me? Get this, and I quote "Why did you buy it?" At first I thought - wow, you don't appreciate my humor and you don't like the card I chose, getting really mad at this point. Then he quickly clarifies....."I look forward to seeing what your going to come up with when you make it yourself." Isn't that sweet? I just had to giggle and give him a big hug!


I also wanted to give a big shout out to these four ladies for participating in my challenge (see above or below for more info) and point you to their creations!


Jany, Carol, Suzanne and Vicki


Thanks for participating ladies!



5 comments:

Dianette Seda said...

I love that paper you used to create your cards!

Stampin' Meg said...

I love how you used the flourish stamp on the circle in the top card, Laurie.

Lorraine said...

great sketches, fabulous paper! tfs

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this! Great work!!! And awesome story about you and your dh. My family is starting to be like that, too. They want a "Bridgett Owens original" they say. LOL
Hugs,
Bridgett

Barb said...

Beautiful project, Laurie... love it!!

and the hubby sounds like a keeper! :)