Friday, September 12, 2008

Card Sketch #90 - Halloween

Good day everyone! Here's sketch #90, measuring the normal A2 size.


This is a retired TAC image that I just think is adorable. He is colored with prisma color pencils and blended with OMS. I also used a few Copic's on the smaller details like the moon and the stars. I picked up the pebble/bubble black paper at my LSS last year thinking it would make a cool back ground for a halloween card.

The Sentiment is from Alota Rubber Stamps. I added an outline with Copic Cool Gray marker and then added the dots around it so that it went with the main image. I used the ticket punch to punch the corners and added some mini black brads. I found some purple grosgrain ribbon in my stash that matched the Core'dinations card stock that I layered everything with.



I used the same image and a horizontal sentiment to complete the sketch over at SCS. I just loved how the colors went together, so I stuck with it! The polka dots are a stamp from Clear Dollar stamps. I stamped it in Palette Noir then went over them with a black glaze gel pen. This made them stand out and match that wonderful pepple/bubble black CS in the back ground.




I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I will be posting the winner of my blog candy sometime on Saturday.






4 comments:

Sarah said...

This card is really cute! I love the purple and black.

Sarah G.

Lesa said...

Laurie this card is adorable! I love the coloring. How stinking cute is that stamp? TFS!

Lorraine said...

Laurie, these cards are adorable. love both sketches and the image. tfs!

Unknown said...

So cute-- I love the image--- Thanks for leaving me a comment on SCS-- I love to jump to the blogs I find in my comments that I never can find otherwise! :) Adorable Halloween Card!