Thursday, June 26, 2008

Card Sketch #76

Here's Sketch #76 - measures a standard A2 size.



The main image is colored with prisma color pencils and OMS. I also outlined the roses with a gray Copic marker. I added the dot's randomly with a .003 Copic marker, I just love the look of this, it just adds something extra. I also decided to ad some paper piercing to the corners - just three of them - I felt it needed a little more interest. All layers are inked around the edges with Palette Noir ink. The stamp is from Penny Black.



This second one is a variation of the sketch. I've been eye balling this orchid stamp from Hero Arts for a while now and finally bit the bullet and bought it. It's colored with Marvy LePlumme II markers - a few huff's later and we got a pretty good image. I will admit it took me about four times doing this image to get it "right!" I used a dauber and Palette Noir ink and lightly shadowed the edges of it. The card base is a light gray. The layer in the back is dark gray and was run through a cuttlebug embossing folder. It's the embossing folder that looks distressed, and I thought it went well with the bamboo stake in the image. To add the ribbon, I punched holes into the right side and tied the organza pink ribbon into a bow.





I hope everyone is having a wonderful week - I'm currently in Alaska on a business trip and will be flying home tomorrow. I had no access to the Internet for three days - and wow, did that drive me batty! Now to catch up on everyone's blogs to see what's been going on!
-Laurie

5 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards!!! Love it!!! The gray marker really adds a lot of depth to this card. I use the same trick often! Really does make the card POP!
Thanks for sharing and hope you're having fun in Alaska!
Hugs,
Bridgett Angelhood 2

Michelle said...

Oh wow, beautiful flowers! Just gorgeous coloring. Wow!

Soguesswhat11 said...

very nice job. I love how you used the sketch.

Stacy said...

So pretty! You do a great job with the copics!!!

nic_d said...

These are beautiful cards. I'd love to try your sketch out!